Monday, April 22, 2013

Too much Chinese food?

I love Chinese food. I know this because my fortune cookie told me.


I love sweet and sour chicken and white rice. But lately, I've been wondering if I eat it too often. For evidence I offer this pic of fortune cookies that are piling up on my desk.


I don't really like fortune cookies, so I usually just throw them aside. I feel guilty not taking them from the restaurant because it feels insulting somehow. Like maybe they were trying to bring me good luck and I rejected it. What if I turn down a fortune cookie and something terrible happens? It would be my fault! I can't seem to throw them away at home either. 
So occasionally I open one to see what it says. So far: 

                                       Honesty and integrity are just some of your best attributes.
                                       He who expects no gratitude shall never be disappointed.
                                       You achieve great peace of mind when you talk with an old friend. 

I also currently have three sets of chopsticks in my pencil holder. So maybe the next time I get Chinese take out, I can tell them, "Oh, I already have chopsticks and fortune cookies, so I don't need any more." Maybe then I can turn down the cookie and not have any bad luck. Who knows?

So anyway...what do you think? Is eating Chinese food two or three times a week too much? Leave a comment. I can't promise it will change my habits, but I'd love to hear from you.

"Do not work for the food that perishes, but for the food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you. For on him God the Father has set his seal.”        John 6:27



No comments:

Post a Comment